Here’s how you can pitch in!
- Volunteer at the book sale
- Do you have a special talent? Teach a class or hold a lecture at the library.
Every year we estimate our Friends and volunteers cumulatively spend more than 1,000 hours to prepare for and host our book sale weekend. This includes sorting books, signage, requesting food donations and advertising for the weekend, set-up and packing-up on Sunday afternoon. More than 25,000 books are donated each year for the sale.. We appreciate every hour of time you spend to help us have a successful sale. Even a few hours can help make a huge impact on this great event. Over the last several years, this is a sampling of how your generous support has helped our Haddonfield Public Library:
- Summer Reading prizes and entertainment
- Year round crafts and programs for all ages
- Museum Passes
- Circulation Desk
- 3 Early Literacy computer stations
- Teen room (with the support of other local organizations we have created a teen room with furniture and computers)
- Chess table outside in honor of former Director Doug Rauchenberger